چهارشنبه، تیر ۲۹، ۱۳۸۴

adhesive

Q:I have a question for you.
years ago a f..ing hezbollahi broke my fronth tooth in Baazjoooii (of course I could do nothing other than say thank you!) now I am using a flipper.
I didn't want to go for a bridge at that time, becasue Ithough it is stupid to
loose two more teeth......what is you opinion about implant Shall I go for it
or should I try a bridge. I am in Canada now and price for an implant is around
$4000 to $5000. Do you know anybody in Iran for Impalnt?


A:Flipper (or removable acrylic temporary partial denture) is probably the worst treatment you can get for such a trauma. It will cost you around 2 million toman or a bit less in Iran, but you must allow enough time for placing the fixtures brfore the main crown, which depending on the type of implant is 2-6 months.
Your thought has been right about the three unit bridge, there is are more possible treatment plans for you: Adhesive fiber Reinforced Bridge and Maryland bridge. They are both minimally invasive (with minimal harm to the adjacent teeth) method, although none are permanent (what treatment is permanent anyway? We don't live permanently). I, as a professional in adhesive dentistry, recommend the former option(fiber reinforced indirect adhesive bridge); Quick, esthetic, functional, time saving, cost effective and most important of all least intervening. Implant is ofcourse a very good treatment, if your budget, jaw bone and time allows.
For further professional advice, see:
Anterior fiber-reinforced composite resin bridge: a case report.Pediatr Dent. 2004 Nov-Dec;26(6):530-4.

۱ نظر:

Dentists Grants Pass گفت...

This does not make sense at all?